Important information on the recognition of courses and exams
Within the framework of the courses of study offered at the department, it is in principle possible to recognise academic achievements from other universities (in Germany and abroad). The following criteria must be met for recognition:
- The contents of the courses are largely consistent with the equivalent courses required by the respective examination regulations and courses offered at the department,
- A correspondence of the level of the course,
- An accordance of the scope of the course in terms of ECTS or semester hours per week,
- An accordance of the nature and scope of audit services.
For recognition, the specific case will therefore be evaluated in detail. In order to check the possibilities of recognition, detailed documents of the course to be recognized (overview of the contents of the individual sessions, bibliography, etc.) as well as proof of the examination papers are required. We have also compiled detailed information for recognition within the framework of ERASMUS or overseas study abroad.
Steps towards the recognition of examination results
1) Request for recognition
Find out about the possibility of having your examination achievements recognised by the responsible study advisor. To do so, please fill out a completely filled out preliminary request for recognition of examination achievements using the form provided (see below).
2) Information on the possibility of recognition
The responsible departmental study advisor (if necessary in cooperation with the respective departmental representatives) will review your request and provide you with information on the possibilities of recognition.
3) Request for recognition
If you have received a positive response to your request for recognition, you can apply for recognition within 12 months of starting your studies. For recognition, the following documents must be submitted to your study advisor:
- A certified copy of the transcript of records. Alternatively, a non-certified copy of the performance record can be submitted. In this case, the original of the transcript must be presented.
- A previously confirmed information about possible credits (copy of the reviewed request for recognition, copy of the relevant e-mails, etc.)
- The online completed recognition form. Different forms must be used depending on the study program. Please note your version of the examination regulations. You will find the corresponding forms under "Bachelor", "Bachelor Minor", "Bachelor of Education" or "Master of Education".
Bachelor Politics and Public Administration
Bachelor minor subject Politics and Public Administration
Master Politics and Public Administration
Please use this form for the recognition of courses and exams in the Master program Politics and public administration.