- Information on supervision:
If you are considering me as future first supervisor for your BA or MA thesis, please send a one page document to email@example.com, covering the following points:
- Which research question do you want to address?
- Which strand of the literature and which theories do you want to relate your thesis to?
- Which research design, type of data and analysis are you planning to use to answer your research question?
Note that I am offering my own Colloquium every winter term. If you plan to write your thesis under my supervision, I warmly recommend attending the Colloquium.
Information on Plagscan can be found here.
Information on letters of recommendation:
Please bare in mind that two necessary conditions apply if you want me to write you a letter of recommendation:
- You have attended one of my seminars*, have actively participated in the discussions, have handed in a written assignment and have finished the seminar with a total grade ≤ 2.0;
- You are contacting me with your request at the very least three weeks in advance of the deadline;
In case condition 1 and 2 apply, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing:
a) the contact details of the addressee of the letter;
b) the deadline;
c) a short remark on your motivation to apply;
d) your CV;
e) your current transcript of records.
*It should be obvious that it is impossible for me to write a sensible letter of recommendation evaluating your academic qualities if you have only sat through my big lecture on German politics ("Das politische System Deutschlands"). So if your listening to my lecture is the only basis on which you and me have interacted intellectually, please refrain from asking for letters.