Dr. Tiziano Zgaga
Tiziano Zgaga is a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Politics and Public Administration at the University of Konstanz. From 2019 to 2023, he served as research manager of the Horizon 2020 funded project EU3D Differentiation, Dominance and Democracy at Luiss University in Rome, where he also worked as an adjunct professor of the course Policy Evaluation and Implementation.
Dr. Zgaga obtained a PhD in Political Science, a Master of Arts in Law and Government of the European Union and a Master’s degree in International Relations from Luiss University.
Dr. Zgaga’s research interests include – but are not limited to – the following areas:
- Nature, determinants and implications of fiscal integration in the European Union (EU) from comparative diachronic and comparative federal perspectives
- Patterns of and reasons for the differentiated implementation of EU fiscal policy
- Determinants of “mask scandals” – uncovered instances of corruption in the public procurement of personal protective equipment – during the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic (COVICORR research project)
Areas of interest
- EU fiscal policymaking and implementation
- EU integration and Europeanisation
- Comparative (fiscal) federalism
- Systematic content analysis, process tracing and qualitative comparative analysis (QCA)