Master in Politics and Public Administration
The Masters programme in Politics and Public Administration at the Department of Politics and Public Administration at the University of Konstanz provides students with the analytical skills from both Political Science and Management Science. Special emphasis is put on policy analysis, public administration, international organization, management of change, organizational development and management of conflict and peace. The programme provides the comprehensive and theoretically grounded scientific knowledge, and methodological skills, along with applied expertise to allow graduates to pursue a variety of rewarding careers.
Students will be studying at one of the most distinguished departments of Political Science in Germany. In the latest rankings the department was in the top three positions. Teachers are highly qualified professors and teaching staff. The alumni of the Department are organized in the alumni network KonNet e.V.
There are four programmes:
- International Relations and European Integration
- Management and Public Administration
- International Administration and Conflict Management
- Comparative Politics and Policy Analysis
During your studies you will chose one field of specialization from one of the four programmes. To qualify for the degree it is necessary to successfully complete 13 courses (the study programme is equivalent to 120 ECTS-Credits):
- four cross-sectoral courses for all four programmes: Research Design I, Research Design II, Information Literacy, MA-colloquium
- two basic seminars and five seminars
- two courses from related programmes or related disciplines (sociology, history, philosophy, economics, law, psychology)
- Final thesis
For more information regarding the structure of the Masters in Politics and Public Administration, please see also the Examination rules, Module handbook and the Admissions' rules (only available in German language). Information regarding courses you will find in the course catalogue. Following the link you will find examples of courses offered at the Department of Politics and Public Administration in our Masters programme (please note: courses are just examples, some of them will not be offered each semester or year).