Exchange Programmes to the US and Canada
Direct contact through the department
The Department of Politics and Public Administration maintains direct contacts to four prestigious universities in North America:
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
- York University, Ontario, Canada
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, USA
- University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Each year, several MA students of our department have the opportunity to study at one of these universities. As a rule, the students from Konstanz spend a full academic year at the partner university. In reverse, several students come each year from the partner university to Konstanz.
The stay at Greensboro, Rutgers and York has been backed up in the past mostly through a DAAD scholarship (ISAP-Programme). Students who go to Greensboro and Rutgers for a year also have the opportunity to acquire their MA degree during their student stay.
The application deadline for York and Rutgers is 1 December.
The application deadline for Greensboro and Waterloo is 1 February.
Direct contact through the University of Konstanz and the "Landesprogramm Baden-Württemberg"
Aside from the possibility to go to North America through department contact, there are also further exchange opportunities which can be arranged through the International Office at our university. These exchange opportunities are not only interesting for MA students but also for BA students.
- First, the University of Konstanz has direct contact to several North American Universities (among them, Akron, Richmond, Georgia Tech, Stony Brook).
- Second, Baden-Württemberg has agreements for student exchange with many US states. Each year, many hundred students from universities in Baden-Württemberg go to North America. Agreements exist with the following US states: Massachusetts, North Carolina, Oregon, Connecticut, California, Ontario (Canada).
The application deadline for both programmes is 1 November.
Advisory service for the direct contacts of the University of Konstanz and for the 'Landesprogramm Baden-Württemberg': International Office, Cornelia Lindenau, exchange.programs(at)uni-konstanz.de, Room V 808.